Friday, June 29, 2007

Whose Line is it Anyway?

One of the upsides of my job (besides, um, besides... uhhh...I know! The anti-recycling campaign. Or threats from admisnstration to do 'activity X' and 'activity that completely contradicts X' or else they have to make cuts. Or the smell in the elevator.) is that it is so damn quotable. It just adds to the reality-TV feeling of it all. Here are some examples from patients and co-workers:

"I wish I could afford money."
"My psychiatrist said I was having too much fun so he lowered my Paxil."
"Everything's coming up Olsens!"
"I got a pound of baloney in my pocket, and it's gonna be a good day."
"She's on her way to Acapulco." (incidentally, she was not)
"I'm responsible for ending the Vietnam War."
"You will burn in the fiery lakes of Hell!"
"I only do crazy 8 to 5."
"I'm painting my husband's nails and it's kind of freaking me out."

1 comment:

Bill C said...

Reading this one a second time I realize maybe *I* should start limiting the hours I do crazy...