Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Pinkerton is a JERK

Although I have been wasting 40 minutes at the library when I should have been driving home to my awesome husband, I felt the need to post something, ANYTHING, just so 29 isn't the first thing my 5 people see anymore. Plus, I discovered that blogging is sort of like cutting myself, but without the follow up therapy. I feel happy, I post. I feel depressed, I post. I feel snarky and sarcastic (my default mood), I post. No one has to read this and I don't have to apologize for it.

The guy that put acid in his eye is recovering, though I haven't had an update since the announcement that his eyesight wasn't completely ruined because he dabbed the acid in instead of pouring it in. Odd things happen at work, but I tend to forget the weirdness more and more. One of my people believes she's history incarnate, another wears a sheer black shirt over a white bra, another is sent to the ER but doesn't go in because he can't find a parking space. It's all just another day. I am building an immunity to insanity.

I attended my very first opera. It was very sad, and very dramatic, and I really liked the parts where more than one person sang at the same time. I also enjoyed the stage hands moving a prop while dressed in black (like a ninja!) and a full hood (like an executioner!). Thanks to my soon-to-be sister, I got to go to the opera in disguise. It was the second time in my life that I wore more than lipstick in public and I can't even remember the last time my hair was curled. I felt like I could have robbed a bank and no one would ever have known it was me. Sort of a Clark Kent/Superman thing: not much of a difference, but enough to create an optical confusion.

Last night I got to see Venus, Sirius, the Orion Nebula, and Saturn. I had seen the rings once before, but this time four moons were visible. Pretty fucking sweet. This was possible due to VBG's boss's 10 foot long telescope and a ladder. I actually squealed with joy when I saw the Orion Nebula because it looked just like what I've seen in National Geographic. Seeing the usually unseeable made me feel a little more real.

No comments: