Monday, February 16, 2009

Working Backwards

Yesterday, the 15th, I had the pleasure of eating homemade tiramisu amongst friends. Most of the day was spent washing dishes. The task was truly Sisyphean.

On Valentine's Day, I made Chicken Parmesan, Spinach-Gorgonzola Dip in a bread bowl, Salad, and Hot Fudge Sauce (everything was delicious enough to merit capitalizing). MacGyver and I stuffed ourselves silly and watched The Princess Bride. Life doesn't get much better.

On the evening of Friday the 13th, two of my brothers and I saw the premiere of the latest Friday the 13th movie. That morning I began passing out snickerdoodles and cards. I accompanied Job to his appointment with the oncologist and got the CT scan results. Apparently, the chemo has stopped the tumor's growth and even some of his bone is recalcifying. So, fuck you, metastases!

No comments: