Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hello There

A few weeks ago, MacGyver helped my brother remove a dying maple tree and MacGyver brought a 200ish pound cross-section of the trunk home for a carpentry project. Yesterday he spent several hours working it into an end table, so there was a lot of pounding and screwing and power tool action. He sloshed some mineral oil over the top surface to show me the grain, and I asked about the hollow rotting spot on one corner. He descibed the rest of the project for a few minutes while poking out bad wood with a stick, and eventually out fell a...frog. This guy had been chilling out in our garage for weeks amidst MacGyver's welding and woodworking and oil changing and remained hidden while his home was refashioned into a piece of furniture. We left him by a pile of mulch next to our maple tree and told him to count his blessings he had Nature to deal with instead of Domino.

3 comments:

EvilDucky77 said...

Cute! I have little dudes like him in my yard sometimes :D

velocibadgergirl said...

He's so cute! (and lucky!)

bibliophile81 said...

I have a lot of those little guys in my yard, but they never hop out of my end tables. Probably because my end tables are from Target and were manufactured in a 3rd world country.