Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Should Shut Up Sometimes

Last week I had to consult my boss about a situation. He was in a bad mood, kind of glowery and all, so I decided that changing the subject as soon as possible would be a fantastic idea. I noticed that where the polo pony/alligator usually goes, there was a weird insignia. It looked like the top half of a stick man attached to some kind of structure, but since I couldn't tell, I questioned him about it.

Me:"What is that? Is that supposed to be a person?"
F: "Maybe. I don't know, I just wear what my wife buys."
Me:"I think it's a person. I think he's sitting in something."
F: "It looks like a funny shaped E."
Me: "Or a bucket. Or a boat."
F: "Or maybe it's just a symbol."
Me (very adamantly): "No, it's an ill-formed boat."

So it was just an innocent conversation, just something to distract him from general moodiness. You need to know my id and my superego talk to me. Sometimes they argue back and forth, but that hasn't happened in a while. I'm glad they aren't as talkative as they used to be, because working in the mental health field puts a spin on the normality of it. Superego had something to say about it the next day.

I'm driving along, listening to the radio, minding my own business, when superego starts shrieking at me.
SE: ARE YOU A FUCKING IDIOT? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT STUFF TO YOUR BOSS?
Me: What are you talking about?
SE: THE SHIRT CONVERSATION, STUPID!
Me: Why are you yelling? I just pointed out that he had a little man in a boat on his shirt.
SE: EXACTLY!
Me: Oh my God, I told F-bomb he had a clitoris on his shirt.

Luckily we are understaffed, so my job is safe.

2 comments:

velocibadgergirl said...

I love you so much it hurts.

Clitoris. Jesus H. Christ, dude. Classic.

J-Dog said...

lmao